- 1 live 2 kg lamprey
- 1 dl oil
- 100 g butter
- 1 bottle red Bordeaux wine
- 1 small glass Armagnac
- 4 shallots
- 8 onions
- 15 leeks
- 4 garlic cloves
- 600 g Bayonne ham
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 glass broth
- 2 cloves
- 1 bouquet garni
- 6 slices country-style bread
Recipe directions :
- the lamprey by hanging it by the head and cutting the tail over and container to collect the blood. When there's no blood dripping anymore, dip the lamprey in boiling water for 1 minute.
- Take it out and peel it. Cut in 4 cm-thick (1,57 inches) slices. Put the slices in the container of blood.
- Cut the white part of the leeks into 7-8 cm-long (2,76-3,15 inches) and them in butter.
- Add the diced ham, the shallots and onions. Sprinkle with flour and .
- with the wine and broth. Add the cloves and bouquet garni. Add pepper, salt a little. Add two crushed garlic cloves. Bring to a boiling point, then cook for 45 minutes over low heat.
- 45 minutes later, add the pieces of lamprey in the sauce, cover and cook again for 45 minutes.
- Remove the slices of fish, and them in another pan or skillet with Armagnac.
- Pour the equivalent of a glass of warm sauce over the blood in order to dilute it, and poor in the skillet. Stir well. Put back the lamprey, season and cook for 10 minutes with the lid on. Beat the sauce with butter.
- Meanwhile, the bread and rub it with the remaining garlic.Put the lamprey in a shallow dish, on the slices of bread. Put the leeks all around. with the sauce.
Copyright © 1997-2014, www.meilleurduchef.com - All Rights Reserved.
Meilleur du Chef is the trade name of the Plat-Net company, registered in France on the Bayonne Trade and Company Register (RCS) under the number 433 926 904.